All NHS organisations are facing some very significant challenges. The pressure the health and care sector is under is well documented and rarely out of the news.
Below are some of the challenges we need to take into account in order to improve the quality of our services, as well as the health outcomes for local people in the future.
- Significant levels of deprivation in some areas of the Fylde Coast which impacts on population health, lifestyle and health inequalities
- A need to improve clinical outcomes and waiting times for our patients when they come into contact with health and care services
- Future workforce challenges linked to the age profile of our current workforce and current supply shortages
- An ageing population resulting in changes to the types of services that are needed
- Increasing demand for health and care services
- Limited financial resources with which to deliver services – making better use of the ‘Fylde Coast pound’